Landlords Insurance

As a specialist broker for business insurance, we have many years’ experience in supporting residential and commercial landlords.

Get a quote 0330 134 4564

At Marsh we offer flexible, tailor-made, comprehensive cover for residential landlords and commercial landlords throughout the UK, in conjunction with our specialist division, SME Insurance Services (smei).

We have been providing specialist commercial insurance to small and medium sized businesses ever since we first opened in 2002. Today we’re an award-winning broker taking pride in our personal approach, which enables our customers to concentrate more time and money on their own business.

As a specialist broker for business insurance, we have many years’ experience in supporting residential and commercial landlords, and we understand the unique risks and challenges you face in your business. We appreciate it takes a lot of hard work to successfully run a business, and that as your business grows your risks may become more complex.

Thankfully, arranging insurance for your landlord business doesn’t have to be complicated. Whether you manage an individual let or have a portfolio of properties, we can create a solution that fits your needs and has the flexibility to adapt and grow along with your business.

To find out more about our landlord insurance, see our product page: 

Landlords Insurance from Marsh 

Whether you own an individual domestic property, or manage a portfolio of commercial premises, we can construct an insurance solution to suit your unique requirements.

Our landlord insurance covers, as standard: 

  • Buildings insurance.
  • Fixed glass.
  • Loss of rent.
  • Property owners liability.
  • Employers liability.

In addition, there are a number of optional extras available including legal expenses, contents insurance, subsidence, accidental or malicious damage, and emergency callout.

At Marsh, our commitment to you continues once cover has been arranged. Our team of insurance experts offer advice and assist with queries or issues. We provide risk management updates on how to manage and minimise risk, and our in-house claims team are there to support you in the event of a claim.

Business Insurance for Residential and Commercial Landlords

Renting out residential or commercial property can be a risky business. Fire, flood, lightning strikes, falling trees, and burst gas or water mains could cause structural damage to the property leaving you with a huge bill for repair, not to mention loss of rental income while the building is being repaired or rebuilt. You may also be responsible for providing alternative accommodation to your tenant while repairs are carried out.

If you rent the property with any contents, they will need protecting from fire, theft, and other insured losses, and you run the risk of your tenant causing malicious damage to your property or its contents too.

If a tenant or guest is injured in your property due to negligence you could be subject to a public liability claim. And in the unfortunate event that your tenant owes outstanding rent or compensation for damage they’ve caused, you may want legal help to recover what’s rightfully yours.

To find out more about Marsh’s landlord insurance, see the product page landlord insurance, or contact us for a chat about your insurance.

Related News from Marsh

Hosting a Spectacular and Safe Bonfire Night Display

Bonfire night is a fantastic opportunity for sports clubs and pubs to host an organised display for their local community.

Rugby League vs Rugby Union: What’s the Difference?

Rugby league and rugby union may sound like the same sport but they are very different.

World Cup Key Facts

The World Cup kicked off in Russia on June 14th 2018 for a month of what we hope will be intense and entertaining football.

How to Work Out Your Golf Handicap

How could the changes to the handicap system introduced by the Council of National Golf Unions (CONGU) affect you?